Welcome to Teddyfone!
Child Safety is at the forefront of every parents mind.
Faced with the dilemma of whether or not to give a child a mobile phone, parents now have a real choice - the Teddyfone.
The Teddyfone is a specifically designed child safety phone. It uses mobile phone technology, but emissions are up to ten times less than a conventional mobile phone (0.16 w/kg SAR value), the lowest in existence.
It looks like a teddy, is easy to use and has limited functionality making it unattractive to petty thieves or pick pockets.
- 78% of children admit they feel safer with a mobile phone.
- 73% of children use their mobile in an emergency.
- 43% of children use a mobile when lost.
- 70% of children under age 10 in the UK already own a mobile phone.
- No screen, so children can't download (or be sent) ringtones, games or inappropriate images.
- Only four buttons, which parents pre-programme with numbers they are happy for their child to call - likely to be mum, dad, grandparents and a friend.
- Child monitor option enabling parents to listen to what is happening around their child.
- SOS button for emergencies, which child presses when feeling threatened or in danger. This automatically sends a message to the three preprogrammed numbers, and enables one person to listen to what is happening at the child's end.